Because of a continuing growth of our transport activities, we are looking for a:
(Senior) Marine Superintendent / Port Captain
In the role of (Senior) Marine Superintendent / Port Captain, you will be responsible for the preparation, supervision and coordination of our loading- and discharging operations, taking into consideration project-specific requirements. You will work alternately at our office in Rotterdam, at project locations (yards) and on board our ships (worldwide).
- Ensuring the correct execution and progress of loading and discharging cargoes by means of float-on/off, roll-on/off, skid-on/off and lift-on/off, taking into consideration project-specific requirements and safety
- Preparation of operational documents and/or provide operational input for the preparation of transport manuals
- Preparation of documents such as method statements, procedures and reports
- Going through the work instructions and safety requirements with the operational (vessel) crew
- Providing coordination and advice in the event of technical issues
- Acting as a link between vessel Owner, engineers, client and other parties involved in the operations (such as port authorities and tug boat captains)
- Higher vocational intellectual and professional level; preferably a master’s license
- A minimum of 3-4 years' operational experience on board ships, ideally related to semi-submersible heavy-lift shipping
- A good command of English, spoken and written
- Strong communication and social skills
- An independent, practical and creative person who can solve problems, dares to take decisions and is able to work in project teams
- A flexible attitude with regard to working on board and at project locations
- You have experience with AUTOCAD and GHS software or you are prepared to improve your skills in those programs.
We offer a challenging job in a dynamic environment with a pleasant atmosphere and the opportunity to be part of challenging projects (worldwide).
Of course, the primary and secondary benefits are excellent.
Has the above triggered your interest? Please send your motivation letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of Marc Beerendonk, COO / Director of Engineering. You can also call for further information: +31(0)10 2404777.
COSCO SHIPPING Heavy Transport does not appreciate any agency acquisition related to this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by us.