Given the fact that every voyage we perform is unique, each transport is analyzed in full detail by our in-house engineering department.
Experience and Skill.
A very experienced team of naval architects and structural engineers, supplemented with the operational skills of our loading and discharge superintendents perform the following analysis:
- Preparation of stowage, cribbing and seafastening plans for each transport
- Preparation of vessel loading conditions for transit as well as for ballasting plans for float-on/off, roll-on/off and lift on/off operations using GHS
- Analysis of voyage specific design conditions (waveheight and windspeed) basis the GWS database
- Motion response analysis for the transportation, given vessel loading condition and design conditions as defined using OCTOPUS Office.
- Detailed FE analysis of seafastening structures, grillage/skidbeams and vessel strength using FEMAP and NASTRAN
- Mooring analysis for load-out operations using OPTIMOOR
- Compiling all information into operation manuals for the various phases of the operation.
Follow-up and Reviews.
Once completed, we will actively participate in the follow-up on the review of the documentation by the client, MWS and other relevant parties. Participating in HAZID/HAZOP meetings as well as operational review meetings is part of this follow-up. Finally, if considered to be required, one of our naval architects will join the vessel during loading and/or discharge operations to provide operational support to the vessel’s crew.